Applicants are required to show evidence of the following:
- Master of Science in Nursing degree or higher from a CCNE/NLNAC/ACEN.
- Accredited program that included separate courses in pathophysiology, health assessment and pharmacology.
- Licensure to practice as an ARNP in Florida.
- National certification as an Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner
- International students or students whose native language is not English are required to pass one of the following tests with a satisfactory score of:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL):
- Computer-based: 213
- Paper-based: 550
- Web-based: 80
- iBT Speaking Component: 26
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS):
- Overall score: 6.5
- Speaking Component: 7
- Michigan English Language Assessment Battery (MELAB):
- Successful completion of the University of Florida English Language Institute Program.
- International students or students whose native language is not English with unsatisfactory scores on the TOEFL and TOEFL iBT Speaking Component, IELTS, or MELAB; unsuccessful completion of the UF English Language Institute Program; or an unacceptable score on the verbal part of the GRE must achieve an acceptable score on an essay administered by the Academic Written English Program at UF.
- Students must be either a U.S. citizen, legal U.S. resident, or hold a valid visa.