Ready to Apply
The University of Florida College of Nursing NursingCAS application for Summer 2020 will open August 1, 2019. The application deadline for Summer 2020 is December 1, 2019. All application requirements must be received by the December 1, 2019 application deadline in order to be eligible for admissions consideration.
Please Note: The Admissions Committee uses a holistic assessment process that considers a broad range of factors including student experiences, attributes, and academic metrics. Due to classroom and clinical space limitations, not all qualified applicants are admitted.
The application process for the Accelerated BSN track is as follows:
- Submit the NursingCAS application for the University of Florida Accelerated BSN track.
- Essay that responds to questions specified on the NursingCAS site, 1 academic letter of reference and 1 personal letter of reference, a CV or resume must be submitted with the NursingCAS application.
- Unofficial transcripts from all colleges/universities attended are submitted with the NursingCAS application.
- Please refer to the NursingCAS website for more information.
- Submit the University of Florida Post Baccalaureate Application.
- Official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended and any necessary test scores must be sent to The University of Florida in addition to the University of Florida Post Baccalaureate Application.
- Please refer to the University of Florida Office of Admissions website for more information.
- Complete the HESI A2 examination.
- General information on the A2 examination is available here: https://www.mometrix.com/academy/hesi-a2-test/
- All applicants will be required to complete the HESI A2 examination at a Prometrix testing center.
- In order to register for the HESI A2 examination through Prometrix you will need an Evolve student account. If you already have a Evolve student account or need to create a new account you may do so here: https://evolve.elsevier.com/cs/
- Instructions for Registering for the HESI A2 are available here: University of Florida Distance Testing Instructions
- The University of Florida distance testing HESI A2 department ID *203353*
- Official HESI A2 scores must be received by the College of Nursing before the application deadline date of December 1st , 2019. Only official scores received from an authorized Prometrix testing center will be accepted.
- Should applicants have any questions or need assistance please contact the following:
- Elsevier Support at (800) 222-9570: Question related to setting up an Elsevier account.
- Prometrics at (800) 853-6769: Questions related to scheduling the HESI A2 exam.
- Applicants may be requested by the College of Nursing to complete an Online Assessment as part of the application process.
- The College of Nursing will notify those applicants who need to complete the Online Assessment after the December 1st, 2019 application deadline.