BSN Facts and Figures
The Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree is the critical first step for a career in professional nursing. The University of Florida is the state’s flagship university.
The College of Nursing offers its students unique benefits:
- UF BSN graduates average high scores on NCLEX licensing exam
- More than 70 percent of undergraduates go onto graduate study within 3 years
- UF is the state’s flagship university.
- Opportunities to explore nursing research and science with esteemed faculty researchers
- Nursing simulation and technology allow for students’ enhancement of skills learned in the clinical setting
- Active nursing student organizations which embrace community service and encourage participation in professional nursing organizations
- Opportunities for leadership and mentorship: Gator Nurse Ambassador program and Gator Nurse mentorship program
- Access to a world-class teaching hospital and health system
- Opportunity to be part of an innovative model of clinical education- Academic Partnership Unit
- Honors program (for Traditional BSN students)